The World’s First and only Certified Thunderbolt LTO-8 Archiving Solution
- Super Easy to use Desktop Thunderbolt LTO-8 tape drive certified by Apple & Intel
- LTO-8 gives up to 12 TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge
- Don’t just rely on hard drives! LTO tape has a 30+ year shelf life
- Up to 300 MB/second data transfer rate
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports
- Reads and writes to both LTO-8 & LTO-7 tapes (does not read LTO-6 tapes)
- SAS port enables writing to two or more LTO drives simultaneously*
- Compact & Easy to Transport
- DC powered – Enables use in any environment
- Free mLogic LTFS Utility for simple drag & drop archiving – Plus options of software bundles
- macOS and Windows compatible
- Ships complete with LT0-8 tape, Cleaning tape and Thunderbolt cable
mTape Thunderbolt LTO-8 enables users to easily connect LTO-8 technology to portable, desktop and all-in-one computer with Thunderbolt connectivity. It’s super simple!
The mTape is LTFS compatible, allowing you to drag and drop media onto tape with the free utility, although we would highly recommend bundling the unit with one of the software options we offer. The free utility is great but when it comes to verifying and tracking your assets you can’t get better than the likes of YoYotta, XenData or Codex plus many more qualifying software solutions.
With a 2 year manufacturers (and optional extension to 3 years), Mac & PC compatibility and it’s ease of use, the mTape Thunderbolt LTO-8 will allow you to start backing up your data in no time at all and with total piece of mind.